Been a while


Nothing exciting has really happened since my mother's birthday. We finally heard back from the hospital, and she has a non-contagious, atypical form of TB; now that she knows she won't kill me by touching me she's been administering hugs and kisses every chance she gets. I'm loving it.

Neiwanli, Taipei, Taiwan
Fall is finally truly here. The weather is fluctuating less, and has settled, clucking, into a quiet chill. Grayness is a constant now, whether it be the color of the skies or the mood of a passerby - everything is muted. Enthusiasm is humming, but dwindling on the brink of hesitation, as if deciding whether or not to plummet in to a resigned melancholy. And as if my emotions have synchronized with the seasons, there are no longer peaks and bottoms (yes, haha, bottom, bum, whatever) in my days. It's an odd feeling, to finally have achieved a sense of regularity and organization in my life. Most of my former days have been polarities, extreme cases of soaring and crashing and tumbling through; now there is order. I have found serenity - serendipity even.

Neiwanli, Taipei, Taiwan
Sometimes I feel nostalgic for my wilder days, but then I take a closer look at what is in front of me and I realize that I do not regret a single thing. Contentment is a constant, peppered with more than occasional moments of sheer happiness.

The best part? It's only going to get better.

Comments

Popular Posts