10 Most Popular Posts of 2012

So it seems like some people are doing this "year in review" thing for their blog, and I figured that I would too. My laptop is currently in repair for the next week or so, which results in my inability to upload photos and post them. Also, Elliot and I will be going to Japan tomorrow for a little New Year's vacation, so I will be absent for a while.

Knowing me, there will be a massive backlog on all the posts now that I cannot write my Christmas dinner post, and that I will have to write my travel and restaurant posts after that. Fingers crossed that I won't put them off for too long.

Without any further delay:

10.) Roberta's, Brooklyn, NY


This was my 10th most popular post this year, quite a feat with it having only been put up in October. I have yet to return to Roberta's, but when I do, I will definitely be having Cemina roll (pictured above) again. It is not a typical brunch roll, but the beef was so tender it could pass for smoked salmon, and the creamy avocado was the perfect complement to the simple salad with a lemon dressing.

Also, they had pretty bomb mimosas, but really - any alcoholic beverage that is acceptable to drink before 11:00AM is pretty bomb.




The 9th most popular was my little "guide" I wrote about Tainan, which was basically a journal of a little trip I took with Elliot and Pete and Rach when they were visiting. I detailed the prices of tickets and meals and such in New Taiwan Dollars (NTD) and in American Dollars (USD) for a general idea of how much to spend. I also threw in a few meal reviews in there just for my usual fatty touch.

That sounds pretty gross.




Honestly, I think this post only got so many hits because people just wanted to know about how Sandy was affecting New York. Sorry to disappoint, but it was really just me being my usual fatty self. This dinner was a particularly stressful one for me, because I was feeding an entire family of very generous people who had deigned to house me during this difficult time. Thankfully, everything turned out okay, and I managed to get a recipe out of it as well, thanks to Paul for freeing my hands and allowing me to photograph.

Thank you, Paul. And thank you, Karianna, for lending Paul to me.



This was another creation at the Eide-Lindsay household, but with a Taiwanese twist. Pork is the staple meat of Taiwanese cuisine, and I couldn't find the proper cut that I wanted, so when my parents and I next make this recipe the way it was actually made, I will modify it, I promise.



I was pleasantly surprised to see that this was in the top 10 for this year, but I give complete credit to David Chang and the city of New York. When you write about and photograph an amazing restaurant started by an amazing chef which is located in an amazing city, it's only time before someone clicks on your link in a google search to determine whether or not it's worth their time.

To reiterate the point that I made in my blog post: yes, it is definitely worth your time.



This post could never had made it without the help of Bethany, Nate, Sam, and Lindsay. Thanks to all four of you for making my very short trip up to Massachusetts a very great - albeit allergic - one. If I have time, and the guts, to brave that bus ride again, I will definitely try to make it up there to cook for everyone once more. 

Hopefully this time I'll be able to taste it as well.



The search keywords on this were mostly "Norwegian tattoo" and "canary tattoo." Sorry if my design was not up to par. By the way, the tattoo is holding up perfectly and the colors are vibrant as ever. If anyone in the Taipei area wants to get a tattoo, I suggest getting in touch with Rango at Rock Ink tattoo. His work is exquisite, and he is the friendliest most accommodating artist that I've worked with. Sorry to all y'all at Whatever. I love you guys but you're all fireballs, haha.



My top 3 most read blog posts are all Taiwanese cuisine, and I'm hoping that I won't be coined simply as "that Taiwanese girl with that weird food blog that sometimes has really gross recipes." This one isn't really a gross recipe, it's actually quite normal, and absolutely delicious.

A dear friend of mine, Alice, actually cooked this recipe and she said that she enjoyed it. So apparently I went right somewhere.



Here's my second most eclectic recipe, one that most people usually won't consider touching, but a lot of people do search for on google. I guess the demand for kidney recipes are actually pretty high, but the supply is a little low. Thank you to basic culinary economics for putting me on the charts for readership.

Yeah, that's right, culinary economics. Take that, guys.

But the winner for 2012 is...


(Drumroll please)





Pig intestines! Yum yum. Small intestines, mind you. As Pete would call it: "piggy poop chute." Large intestines cannot be stewed in this matter really, but it's something we don't really cook at home. Not going to lie, this is one of my favorite dishes in the world, and the super chewy and melty texture is a great treat. 

Well, there you are. My top 10 most popular posts of 2012. I'm heading off to pack for Japan now, and wish you the happiest new year. Enjoy the dawning of 2013, and maybe I'll put up some new year's resolutions once I get back and start writing new posts again.

Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts