Recipe: Lemon & soy sauce marinated beef with onions

Disclaimer: this entire blog is reposted from my tumblr 


My father doesn't eat beef, so whenever he goes out of town on business trips, my mother and I indulge in the glorious gifts bestowed upon us by selfless helpless cattle. A few days ago, my mother went out and bought some USDA certified Angus beef which was thinly sliced and prepped for hot pot action. My mother and I had no idea what to do with such a massive amount, so I offered to marinate half the amount for later use.
I forgot to take pictures of the mise and preparation process, but above are some pictures of the beef before, and after, cooking. Also in the splash of photos is my mom's homemade minced pork, a dish she hasn't prepared in years that is making me swoon for older days.

Recipe:
-Meat choice-
•2 pounds of thinly sliced steak, or pork (The fattier the cut, the better)
-Sauce ingredients-
•1 onion, thinly sliced
•1 lime, juiced
•A few good dashes of olive oil
•1/2 cup soy sauce
•2 tablespoons vinegar (A full-bodied one, not white or rice vinegar)
•3 tablespoons honey•1 green onion finely diced (optional)
•Salt & pepper as needed

Place all the sauce ingredients in a large glass bowl and mix well. Adjust to taste. Be pleasantly surprised. Throw beef in, toss with hands haphazardly and grimace at odd texture. Wash grime off hands. Cover with cling film/saran wrap and refrigerate. Mixture will be ready to sauté over high heat for roughly 5 minutes within an hour, but feel free to leave it marinating longer for better flavor.

I hope some of you actually try this recipe out and please let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts