So ends a two+ year hiatus.

Leftover Festivities (@Stone Street, Financial District, Manhattan)

Where do I even start?

My last blog post was published on December 31, 2013. The date today? March 30, 2016.

So much has happened since. I guess another chronological bullet-point list could do it. Granted I'm not going to remember a LOT of things, but I'll just throw in whatever inane highlights I can remember. And place chronologically. (Special shout-out to my Facebook and the photos in my phone.)

I've also made a lot of friends in the past few months who know very little about my history, so this will be a nice crash course for them in the adventures of Vicky.

Heck, it will be a nice crash course for ME in the adventures of Vicky.

Oh boy, this will be fun.

Snow (@Wagner College, Grimes Hill, Staten Island)
January 2014
• Set out to finish my final Undergraduate semester at Wagner.

February 2014
• Lost my 3-year old iPhone 4 on the ferry.
• Bought an iPhone 5s.

Adult Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ice Cream, and Candle. (@The Liberty, Midtown East, NY)
April 2014
• Turned 24.

May 2014
• Got accepted into the Accelerated M.B.A. program at Wagner.
• Graduated with my B.A. in International Politics & French.
• Started the Accelerated M.B.A. program at Wagner.

Barcats, Chesapeake Bay, VA. (@The Mermaid Inn, East Village, NY)
June - August 2014
• Three months of MBA classes and coursework. (Anyone else just love accounting?)
• Visited Philadelphia (and the surrounding area) for the first time.
• Solidified my unparalleled love/unhealthy addiction to raw oysters.

First Dance (@Quonquont Farms, Whately, MA)
September 2014
• Moved in with my grad school roommate, Meghan.
• Traveled up to Massachusetts to watch my friend Sam get married to her amazing wife, Lindsay.

October 2014
• Got tagged in my first yoga challenge on Instagram by Kate.
• Started doing yoga.**** (MAJOR EVENT IN TIMELINE)
• Went back to my alma mater, Mercersburg Academy, for alumni weekend.

November 2014
• Fake Thanksgiving with Regina et. family.
• Actual Thanksgiving with Jesus et. family.
• Started doing weekly oyster happy hour with Annie at the Mermaid Inn.
• Bought a new camera (Nikon D7100) on Black Friday.

I.M. Pei's Pyramids (@National Gallery, Washington D.C.)
December 2014
• Went down to DC on a spontaneous trip to visit friends.
• Home to Taiwan for the holidays.
• Family vacation to Japan for a week.
• Rang in 2015 at a rooftop party.

January 2015
• Back to NY to finish up my M.B.A.

What the actual f- (@Staten Island Ferry, Upper New York Bay)

February 2015
• Started a PR and Marketing internship with Evil Genius Group.
• Almost froze to death when New York froze over.
• iPhone 5s died. Purchased an iPhone 6.

March 2015
• Did a 10-day stint with Christie's for Asia week as a Gallery Assistant.
• Discovered the beauty of Epsom salts after being on my feet for 10 hours a day.
• Accidentally yelled at Richard Gere without realizing it was Richard Gere while at Christie's.

Night of a Thousand Gowns (@The Marriott Marquis, Times Square, NY)
April 2015
• Attended Night of A Thousand Gowns, a LGBT fundraiser gala.
• Got hit on by a LOT of drag queens.
• Turned 25. Had a party at McSorley's. Where else?

May 2015
• Went on a trip to Prague and Budapest with my M.B.A. program.
• Had some wicked hangovers in Prague and Budapest with my M.B.A. program.
• Flew back to New York to graduate.
• Graduated with my M.B.A. in Management.
• Flew back to Taiwan for the summer.

Statuesque (@Musée du Louvre, 1ère arr., Paris)
June - July 2015
• Traveled through Netherlands, Belgium, and France with my family.
• Did a headstand in the Louvre.
• Got accepted into New School for a Master's in Politics.
• Started taking Spanish classes 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. (Gracias, Miquel)

August 2015
• Accepted a job to work with a Google project.
• Turned down New School for the job with the Google project.
• Befriended Warde, a colleague in the project.

First Dance (@Greenpoint Loft, Greenpoint, Brooklyn)
September 2015
• Started doing yoga at very high altitudes.
• Traveled back to New York to watch Meghan marry her badass husband, Ray.

October 2015
• Returned to Taipei and was assigned to go on a series of business trips to China.
• Went to Shanghai and Beijing with Warde and spoke to a few hundred people at conferences.
• Returned to Taipei again and rediscovered the beauty of democracy and breathable air.
• Started my chakra tattoo project with the heart chakra. (Thanks Rango)

November 2015
• Went to Hangzhou for another business trip.
• Went to Xiamen for another business trip.
• Went to Japan on a family vacation.

Sunset (Akita, Japan)


December 2015

• Got the Solar Plexus chakra tattoo added to my spine.
• Did open mic at Red Room's Stage Time & Wine (ST&W) for the first time.
• Rang in 2016 at a riverside party.

January 2016
• Acted as tour guide to Emiko, who visited Taipei with her friend Michelle for the weekend.
• Performed at Red Room's Aside. Met an exchange student Natalie.

February 2016
• Got the Sacral chakra tattoo added to my spine.
• Project with Google was dissolved.
• Saw Bon Iver with Warde.

Pensive (@The Metropolitan Museum of Art, UES)
March 2016
• Traveled back to New York to attend Kate's birthday and reunite with friends.
• Traveled up to Massachusetts with Sam to see her and Lindsay's new house.
• Traveled out to visit Natalie and Annie's mom.
• Went rock climbing for the first time with Natalie.
• Decided to start rock climbing.
• Literally ran into Noel Fielding in the East Village and fangirled.
• Celebrated Saint Paddy's at McSorley's. (Where else?)
• Had my first ever high altitude hangover.
• Broke the two+ year hiatus on my blog.

So there's that. The last two years of my life in bullet points. Obviously the more recent months get a few more mentions than the older months, but that's only because I haven't had enough time to become objective about the happenings.

It's funny how so many things seem so important as they're happening, but once you move past them you realize: "Oh hm. They're not even really worth mentioning anymore as I look back."

Well, that's it. I have a slew of food, travel, and restaurant photos that I need to post. So stay tuned for that.

Until next time -

Comments

Popular Posts