Hiatus Ending: Take Two


Okay. Let's try this again.

Almost two years ago, I published a post claiming that I'd decided to end a two+ year hiatus. Then I promptly went right back to neglecting this blog all over again. In my defense, I've been busy adjusting to a career change, juggling multiple projects, and starting a new relationship. However, champions don't make excuses, and apparently I'm trying to win something. Your approval, maybe? (Haaaaaaaaa)

I won't go into too much detail of what I've been up to.

I've grown increasingly private over the past couple of years, and - more importantly - I don't think many people are going to read this, let alone suffer through self-important, drawn-out musings about my life. In fact, I'm struggling a bit with the idea of reviving this blog because of how overly open I was about too many things in my previous posts.

Don't worry, though. I'll clean house AKA delete the super embarrassing stuff and edit the posts I do decide to keep.

One major update I will share - because it is a lifestyle change that will be affecting the recipes I post - is that I have decided to move off of gluten in the past year. I hope to explore baking with gluten-free/alternative flours this year, but since baking was never my strong suit even when I did consume wheat, I don't know how far that will go.

Only time will tell.

For those of you who even are reading this: what kind of posts ARE you hoping to see? I'll likely be focusing mostly on "Restaurant Experiences" - my unofficial restaurant reviews, and "Recipes." That one's self explanatory. Maybe some "Travel Guides" to come if I feel vigilant enough to lug my DSLR along on trips.

Until then, have a photo from my visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium in March of 2016.


Comments

Popular Posts